Downtown Cincinnati and the adjacent areas continue to see both new development and redevelopment of existing structures. In an effort to bring broader awareness to the exciting projects occurring in the city, I snapped pictures throughout October showing the work taking place.
- Aqua on the Levee, which includes 239 apartments, an Aloft Hotel, and retail space
- Early work on a 15-story, 130 unit apartment building at the intersection of 7th Street and Sycamore Street
- Progress on the six-story, 117-room Holiday Inn at 7th Street and Broadway Street
- $24 million Alumi Lofts redevelopment of the former school in Pendleton into 142 apartments
- Prep work on Phase IIIA of The Banks project
- Continued progress on the 10-story General Electric Global Operations Center at The Banks
- Redevelopment of a former church into an event space adjacent to Washington Park called The Transept
- $27 million redevelopment of the YMCA at Elm Street and Central Parkway
- The Radius, bringing 292 apartments to The Banks
While these photos focus on projects in the center city, there are certainly many more exciting projects taking place throughout the city as its boom spreads outward. We’ll get to some of those projects in future updates.
EDITORIAL NOTE: This is the first of what we intend to be a regular monthly feature on UrbanCincy that will take a selected look at construction progress throughout the city. If you have any projects that you would like to have us visit and photograph, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.