During the month of August, UrbanCincy covered several new developments and events in the city’s urban core. We also published two editorials that generated much response from our readers and the local community. Our top 5 most popular stories for August 2013 were:
- Final Designs Revealed for $125M Dunnhumby Centre Tower
The long-awaited renderings for the Dunnhumby Centre at Fifth and Race have been released.
- It’s Time to Consolidate Local Governments in Hamilton County
This editorial by Randy Simes has generated over 100 comments on UrbanCincy. Randy was also invited onto 700 WLW to discuss the idea with Scott Sloan, and the Cincinnati Business Courier also provided their own analysis of the idea.
- Over-the-Rhine Impresses More Than 30,000 Spectators for LumenoCity
Paige Malott and John Yung provide photos from the event that attracted over 30,000 visitors to Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine neighborhood.
- Cincinnati Eliminates Center City Parking Requirements, Neighborhoods Next
Randy Simes analyses the city’s move to deregulate parking within the urban core.
- Greg Landsman: Riding the Cincinnati Streetcar to Success
In this editorial, City Council candidate Greg Landsman explains why he supports the Streetcar and why it should be extended to Uptown.