Have an idea floating around in your head, well make it happen and share it with the world through the Cincinnati Innovation Contest. Learn more here…
A month ago the Ohio Film Office was accepting entries into their music video challenge. The music videos have been submitted and are now awaiting your votes.
There are 23 original music videos that have been submitted promoting Ohio and its attractions. From now until Wednesday, March 18th (sorry for the short notice) you can select your Top 10 contest finalists on the official YouTube page.
From there the ultimate winner will be decided by a panel of celebrity judges (listed below). The winners will receive a prize package that includes a trip to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Cleveland on Saturday, April 4th.
- Chad Lowe: “Unfaithful” (actor); “Beautiful Ohio” (producer)
- Joe Russo and Anthony Russo: “You, Me, & Dupree” (directors); “Welcome to Collinwood” (directors, producers and writers)
- Brad Petrigala: Brillstein Entertainment Partners (manager)
- Bob Hoch: Sony Music (senior director of digital marketing)
- Don Scott: “Barbershop” (writer); “Barbershop 2: Back in Business” (writer)
- Mark Johnson: “The Chronicles of Narnia” (writer)
- Michael Peyser: “U2 3D” (producer)
- Todd Longwell: The Hollywood Reporter (writer)
Ohio Film – Music Video Challenge
The Ohio Film Office is sponsoring a music video challenge that is geared to, “support filmmakers throughout the state while partnering with Ohio educational institutions and musical acts.”
Each production team has three weeks to partner with a musical act, create a concept, shoot the video, edit the video and post it to be judged (rated) on the official YouTube contest page. Winners will receive a prize package that includes a pair of tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony; an array of services from Ante Up Audio, Greg Wilson Photo, KP Photo, Marengo Luxury Spa; meals at Hard Rock Café and House of Blues; and much more.
You can register online and fill out all the necessary release forms on the contest’s website. You can also stay up-to-date through the contest’s Facebook Group. The inquiry deadline is February 25th, with all videos completed and posted by March 11th – so the time to act is now.
- Make your video
- Upload it to YouTube group
- Fill out the entry form
- View the entries and vote for your favorites
Each video must include one of the following criteria:
- A location identified by a historical marker
- A sign that displays the word Ohio in a positive manner
- Apparel containing team logos that are Ohio based (Cleveland CAVS, Cincinnati Bengals, Columbus Crew, etc.)
- Items featuring college and university logos. (Akron University, Bowling Green State University, Marietta College, Wright State University, Youngstown State University, etc.)