This month was filled with news of businesses coming to the urban core — from a chocolatier and a barbecue joint coming to Findlay Market, to a unique beer cafe near the Gateway Quarter, to a pizzeria downtown. Phase 2 of The Banks also broke ground this month, and we provided an update on one of the gaps still remaining within Phase 1.
In case you missed them, here were UrbanCincy‘s most popular stories from April 2014:
- Eli’s Barbeque, Maverick Chocolate First of Several New Tenants to Open at Findlay Market
A popular local barbecue restaurant and Ohio’s first bean-to-chocolate manufacturer will soon open at Findlay Market. But they are just two of many new storefronts that will be filled this year.
- Take a Look at CVG’s Abandoned Concourse C Through Ronny Salerno’s Lens
While Concourse C was once a symbol of CVG’s prominence and significance, it is now a visual reminder of how far the airline industry in general, and the airport in specific, have fallen over the past decade.
- Connoisseurs, Novices Can Start Getting ‘Half Cut’ at OTR’s New Beer Cafe Today
HalfCut will attempt to distinguish itself from the rest with a unique twist – it is a beer café where their “beeristas” will help recommend beer choices and get to know their customers in a relaxed setting much like a coffee shop.
- Townhomes Removed from Development Plan for The Banks
With the new agreement between Hamilton County and the Bengals, the next phase of The Banks will get started. The hotel, office tower and oft-forgotten townhomes at phase one are another issue.
- Popular St. Louis-Based Pi Pizzeria to Open Cincinnati Location in AT580 Building
Pi Pizzeria is set to open its seventh location, and only its second outside of St. Louis, in the AT580 building at 6th and Main.