In September, we released two episodes of The UrbanCincy Podcast, discussing recent developments in the urban core and talking to Alex Ihnen about St. Louis’ urbanism movement.
Our top 5 most popular stories for September were:
- Dîner en Blanc – A Social Experiment
This editorial from Paige Malott generated a lot of conversation about the Dîner en Blanc event held this year in Washington Park.
- Metro Art Shelters Project to Transform Eyesores into Literary Canvasses
City Council’s vote to ban advertising in public right-of-way was supposed to rid the city of eyesores, but it unintentionally degraded the appearance of Metro bus shelters. A new ArtWork project seeks to remedy the situation.
- Public Meetings Set for $200M Western Hills Viaduct Replacement
The City’s Department of Transportation and Engineering is studying replacements for the iconic art deco viaduct.
- Construction Work Picking Up Steam on Streetcar’s $133M First Phase
As you can see from our photo gallery, construction of the Cincinnati Streetcar is well underway on Elm Street, and the first rails are scheduled to be set into place in about two weeks.
- Mayor Mallory, Agenda 360 Hosting Transit Oriented Development Workshops This Week
In an event held last week, experts gave a presentations on aligning transportation investments with long-term goals of growing a city.