The Ohio Film Office is sponsoring a music video challenge that is geared to, “support filmmakers throughout the state while partnering with Ohio educational institutions and musical acts.”
Each production team has three weeks to partner with a musical act, create a concept, shoot the video, edit the video and post it to be judged (rated) on the official YouTube contest page. Winners will receive a prize package that includes a pair of tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony; an array of services from Ante Up Audio, Greg Wilson Photo, KP Photo, Marengo Luxury Spa; meals at Hard Rock Café and House of Blues; and much more.
You can register online and fill out all the necessary release forms on the contest’s website. You can also stay up-to-date through the contest’s Facebook Group. The inquiry deadline is February 25th, with all videos completed and posted by March 11th – so the time to act is now.
- Make your video
- Upload it to YouTube group
- Fill out the entry form
- View the entries and vote for your favorites
Each video must include one of the following criteria:
- A location identified by a historical marker
- A sign that displays the word Ohio in a positive manner
- Apparel containing team logos that are Ohio based (Cleveland CAVS, Cincinnati Bengals, Columbus Crew, etc.)
- Items featuring college and university logos. (Akron University, Bowling Green State University, Marietta College, Wright State University, Youngstown State University, etc.)