On the 51st episode of The UrbanCincy Podcast, we are sharing three of the stories from the second Cincy Stories event, which was held on May 5, 2015 at MOTR Pub. Allen Woods, Joe Boyd, and Kathryne Gardette each shared personal stories which we are bringing to you on this podcast. Stay tuned to Cincy Stories’ Facebook page to learn more about future events.
Tag: Joe Boyd
The organizers of the Cincy Stories event series will be presenting their second installment on Tuesday, May 5 at MOTR Pub. This time, the event will feature five speakers:
- Allen Woods of MORTAR Cincinnati
- Kathryne Gardette, a community activist and one of the Enquirer‘s 10 Women of the Year
- Joe Boyd of Rebel Storytellers
- Elissa Yancey, a journalism professor at UC and former managing editor of Soapbox Cincinnati
- John Faherty of the Enquirer
“Cincy Stories is about intimately connecting to our neighbors and just sharing stories like people do in their living rooms or around their dining room tables,” event co-founder Shawn Braley told UrbanCincy in January.
Due to the large crowd attending the first Cincy Stories event, tomorrow’s event has been moved to the main stage at MOTR Pub. The event will begin at 7 p.m. and will also feature live music from The Part-Time Gentlemen.
The first event took place in February and two stories from the event were released on The UrbanCincy Podcast.