Tonight is not only a Final Friday gallery hop night throughout historic Over-the-Rhine, but it is also another Vine-L Friday in the Gateway Quarter.
Vine-L Friday will run from 6pm to 10pm and is looking to compliment the Final Friday crowds in the surrounding area. As a result many Gateway Quarter businesses will have displays from local artists and live music throughout. There will also be food, drinks and discounts at all your favorite locally-owned shops.
There will also be members of ArtWorks Cincinnati around to discuss their four-story mural of Mr. Cincinnati – Jim Tarbell. The new mural will be prominently displayed on the southern wall of the same building that houses Park+Vine. The mural should be complete within the coming weeks according to officials.
Following the Final Friday and Vine-L Friday fun, there will be an after party starting at 10pm at Below Zero Lounge at the southeast corner of 12th & Walnut streets.
Here’s a full lineup of this week’s Vine-L Friday activities:
- Venice on Vine Pizza, 1301 Vine St. – Visionaries and Voices exhibits “Hair Salon” by Kenny Barger with a special menu of gourmet pizzas as well as live jewelry making by “One Bead at a Time.”
- Segway Cincinnati, 1150 Vine St. – Works by Josh Beeman and Billy 7. Live music by “Vinny Bricks” and “that guy from Okinawa” City Cellars will be on hand with its frozen desert cart to cool off the crowd.
- Park+Vine, 1109 Vine St. – The unveiling of the new exhibit “Mimockracy.”
- Switch Lighting and Design, 1207 Vine St. – New works by Alison Shepard will be exhibited.
- Outside, 16 E. 12th St. – Live DJ playing Electronica, Trip Hop, Soul and Funk, with refreshments served.
- Below Zero Lounge, 1122 Walnut St. – The official VINE-L Friday After Party. Live music by the “Blue Merchants” at 10pm benefitting Gary Burbank’s “Play It Forward” Project.
- Mixx Ultra Lounge, 1203 Main St. – Marcus Jordan exhibiting works from his collection titled “My Passion.”
- Coffee Emporium, 110 E. Central Parkway – Extending its hours until 10pm and featuring works by Allison Archberger and the Thirty Duo Collection.
- Lackman Lofts, 1237 Vine St. – Kate McClung exhibiting works from her “Balanophagy” collection.
- Duveneck Flats, 1220 Vine St. – Mark Cummings exhibiting new works from his “In Bloom” collection and Stan Stenten will be showing pieces from the collection “Visions of Cincinnati – Old and New”
Photo from 5chw4r7z